Check out an experience!
Your library card now offers educational opportunities to experience in the region and beyond. Explore natural history, admire art or stop and smell the roses! The Public Library for Union County offers cultural passes to thirteen venues within a day’s drive.
Each pass provides free admission for a designated number of adults and children to the following museums:
- The Bloomsburg Children’s Museum – Bloomsburg, PA
- The Corning Museum of Glass – Corning, NY
- Discovery Space of Central PA – State College, PA
- Everhart Museum of Natural History, Science & Art – Scranton, PA
- Hands-On House Museum – Lancaster, PA
- Hershey Gardens – Hershey, PA
- Independence Seaport Museum – Philadelphia, PA
- The Lewisburg Children’s Museum – Lewisburg, PA
- North Museum of Nature and Science – Lancaster, PA
- Penn Museum – Philadelphia, PA
- Railroad Museum of Pennsylvania – Ronks, PA
- The Susquehanna Art Museum – Harrisburg, PA
To borrow a pass, you must be a Union County resident aged 18 or older and be a current library member in good standing. To check the availability of a pass, patrons may call the Public Library for Union County or search through the library’s online catalog using the keyword “cultural pass”. Patrons may reserve the pass over phone but must pick it up the same day before closing time. Passes are loaned for 7 days (no renewals) and are to be picked up and returned to the Public Library for Union County at the circulation desk. Passes returned after the loan period incur a $10 late fee (no grace period). Patrons are responsible for replacing the pass, at full cost, if it is lost, damaged or stolen. Limit one pass per household at a time.
Call the library for availability: (570) 523-1172
The cultural passes were purchased with funding support from the Paul and Catherine Ernst Fund of InFaith Community Foundation.