Library Cards

Herr Memorial Library in Mifflinburg, The Public Library for Union County in Lewisburg, and West End Library in Laurelton are the three independent members of the federated Union County Library System. Cardholders may use their library card an any of the three Union County public libraries.

Why get a Union County Library System (UCLS) library card?

With your library card you can:

  • Check out books, DVDs, music CDs
  • Download eBooks and audiobooks through Overdrive
  • Use public computers with Internet access
  • Access Online Resources and databases
  • Place holds and renew materials using ‘My Account’ online

Who can get a library card?

  • Any resident of Union County
  • Pennsylvania residents with a home library card
  • Nonresidents must pay for a UCLS card: $40/year or $20/six months

Children may receive their own UCLS card. The child must be able to write his/her first and last name and a parent or legal guardian must co-sign an application for anyone under the age of 18.

What do I need to get a library card?

To receive a library card, borrowers must fill out an application and present photo identification that includes current name and address. If the photo identification does not show the current address, additional acceptable forms of identification include:

  • Checkbook
  • Mail with the current address
  • Property tax bill
  • Rental agreement
  • Utility bill
  • Voter’s Registration Card

Frequently asked questions:

Do I need to show my library card every time I visit the library?

Library users must present their library cards to borrow materials and use public computers. Cardholders are responsible for all materials checked out with their card.

Why can’t I renew materials using ‘My Account’ online?

Materials can be renewed online unless one or more of the following conditions exist:

  • The card has expired or been blocked
  • The material’s renewal limit has been reached
  • The material is overdue
  • The library user has any unpaid fines
  • The material is on hold

If a cardholder changes his/her PIN and cannot remember it, he/she must take his/her library card into any library location and have the account reset.

What should I do if my name or address changes?

Contact any UCLS library and notify them of any changes to your name, address, phone number and email.

What if I lose my card or it gets stolen?

Contact the library immediately to notify them of your lost or stolen card. A new card will be issued and there is a $1.00 replacement fee.

For any additional questions, contact any UCLS Library:

Herr Memorial Library

500 Market Street
Mifflinburg, PA 17844

Public Library for Union County

255 Reitz Boulevard
Lewisburg, PA 17837

West End Library

45 Ball Park Road
P.O. Box 111
Laurelton, PA 17835