Need the internet at home? Call your Union County Library to reserve a WiFi Hotspot and have 4G internet anytime, anywhere* for FREE!
A Wi-Fi hotspot is a device you can use to connect a mobile-enabled device, such as a laptop, smartphone, or tablet to the Internet. The hotspot is portable, so you can connect your device almost anywhere.
Policy for Borrowing and Use Outside of the Library:
- Patrons must be Union County residents, 18 years of age or older, and current library members in good standing with no unpaid fines.
- Patrons must acknowledge this policy via their signature when checking out the device.
- Hotspots may be reserved by calling the library and are held for three business days.
- The library does not guarantee that a device will be available on any specific date.
- Mobile Wi-Fi hotspots may be checked out for 1 week and renewed for an additional week if there is no waitlist. Only one hotspot at a time may be checked out to the same household.
- Return the hotspot in the AV drop. If your library does not have an AV drop, please return the device to the front desk.
- Overdue hotspots will be deactivated.
- The Mobile Wi-Fi hotspot can provide Wi‐Fi internet access for up to 10 devices within the T-Mobile/Sprint cell network coverage area (no roaming).
- The library is not responsible for information accessed or for personal information shared over the internet using this device.
- Patrons must read, understand, and agree to all the terms and conditions outlined in the UCLS Internet Policy.
NOTE TO PARENTS AND GUARDIANS: Internet content filtering IS NOT provided through the hotspot. Parents/guardians are responsible for monitoring what their children access via the hotspot.
Fines and Liability:
- The overdue fine is $10.00 per day with a maximum overdue fine of $50.
- Hotspot will not be checked in without the device and all the proper accessories: cord, power brick, case, and paperwork instructions.
- Patrons will be charged $25 for hotspots returned in the book drop or to a library other than the one that checked out the hotspot.
- The hotspot should be kept in a temperature-controlled environment; Please DO NOT leave it in your car.
- The patron is responsible for any fines and costs associated with loss or damage of the hotspot and/or accessories.
- Each hotspot circulates in a case with a cord, power brick, instruction paperwork, and barcode. The user is responsible for returning all of these items in good condition in the AV drop box. If the hotspot, cord, or charger is returned damaged or not returned at all, the user will be responsible for the replacement cost.
Possible Fees & Costs
|Book Drop Returns / Did not return Hotspot to the library it was checked out at.||$25|
|Maximum Overdue Fee||$50|
|Replacement Cord or Power Brick||$15|