Coronavirus (COVID-19) Updates
Updated May 5, 2020
Under the direction of the Office of Commonwealth Libraries, the Union County Library System which consists of Herr Memorial Library in Mifflinburg, The Public Library for Union County in Lewisburg and the West End Library in Laurelton will be closed until further notice.
In addition, all library-sponsored programs and meeting room bookings are canceled. This includes group events, outreach programs and individual technology help appointments. Fines will be waived for items due during the closure. Materials can be returned via 24/7 book drops. Holds are unable to be placed or fulfilled at this time.
It is our priority to plan to re-open when we have put into place measures that protect the safety of our staff and the community.
The library will continue to follow the guidance of local, county, and state governments and the recommendations of the Centers for Disease Control (CDC). For up-to-date information check back here or follow any of the three Union County Libraries on Facebook.
Please continue to practice good hygiene which includes washing hands, covering coughs and sneezes, keeping surfaces clean, and encouraging people to stay home if they are sick.
Use the Library at Home
For those unable to visit the library, here are some of the many library resources that can be accessed from home with your library card.
- Borrow e-books and audiobooks from eBranch2Go or Hoopla
- Stream music, movies and TV shows with Hoopla
- Access unlimited worksheets, crafts, forms, flashcards, seasonal ideas and more. Resources for children PreK up to grades 4-6 with Mailbox
- A variety of e-resources including academic articles, auto-repair information, news periodicals and more on PowerLibrary
- Renew materials online using the My Account link on our website
Pennsylvania Department of Health
* Coronavirus Situation Summary<https://www.health.pa.gov/topics/disease/Pages/Coronvirus-Situation-Summary.aspx>
* Coronavirus Information for Educators<https://www.health.pa.gov/topics/disease/Pages/Coronavirus%20Education.aspx>
* Coronavirus Fact Sheet<https://www.health.pa.gov/topics/Documents/Diseases%20and%20Conditions/Coronavirus.pdf> (PDF)
Centers for Disease Control and Prevention:
* Coronavirus Disease 2019 (COVID-19)<https://www.cdc.gov/coronavirus/2019-ncov/index.html>
* Preventing COVID-19 from Spreading in Communities<https://www.cdc.gov/coronavirus/2019-ncov/community/index.html>
* Coronavirus Disease 2019 (COVID-19) and Businesses and Employers<https://www.cdc.gov/coronavirus/2019-ncov/specific-groups/guidance-business-response.html>
* Coronavirus Frequently Asked Questions and Answers<https://www.cdc.gov/coronavirus/2019-ncov/faq.html>
* Coronavirus Fact Sheet<https://www.cdc.gov/coronavirus/2019-ncov/downloads/2019-ncov-factsheet.pdf> (PDF)
Department of Homeland Security
* Pandemic (ready.gov)<https://www.ready.gov/pandemic>
American Library Association
* Pandemic Preparedness<http://www.ala.org/tools/atoz/pandemic-preparedness>