The Union County Library System is a great place to work, and we occasionally have opportunities for full or part-time employment. Current job openings are listed below by library location when available.
- Please click on the link below to obtain a copy of the Employment Application.
- Please complete this application, print, and sign it. Instructions on where and when to submit the application will be noted in the job description.
Herr Memorial Library
Please submit your application to Herr Memorial Library, 500 Market St., Mifflinburg, PA or email it to firstname.lastname@example.org
Job Title: Children’s Program Coordinator/Discover Teacher
Hours: 15-20 hrs
Fair Labor Standards Act (FLSA)
Position Overview: The Children’s Program Coordinator will be responsible for planning and coordinating children’s programming to follow the library’s mission. This will include the planning and implementation of The Discover Program. The CPC will perform the duties of a Library Assistant as scheduled and needed, including on Saturday as it falls in the staffing rotation. The CPC will assist the Director as needed.
Essential Job Functions:
- Construct lesson plans using the Pennsylvania Standards of Education
- Create lesson plans and implement plans for the Discover program, including STEM and STEAM per guidelines of the program.
- Plan a summer Discover with the Director
- Find materials, prepare crafts and execute program
- Area Preschool Outreach
- Reading challenges for children
- PA One Book Program – April
- School Tours/Outreach
- Summer Reading Programs
- Coordinates all special children’s events
- Provide program information to UCLS Public Relations Assistant for adequate promoting/marketing
- Record program data and assist Director and UCLS with program reporting
Non-essential Job Functions:
- Back up circulation duty as needed
- Work at circulation desk including one Saturday in the staff rotation
- Assist with fundraisers as needed
- Assist Director as needed
- Criminal Record Check
- Child Abuse Check
- FBI Check
- Experience working with children
- 6 Continuing Education Credits / year
- Work well with others
- Be kind and courteous
- Love children
- Be organized
- Be reliable