The Union County Library System is a great place to work, and we occasionally have opportunities for full or part-time employment. Current job openings are listed below by library location when available.
- Please click on the link below to obtain a copy of the Employment Application.
- Please complete this application, print, and sign it. Instructions on where and when to submit the application will be noted in the job description.
Herr Memorial Library
Job Title: Library Assistant; 15 hours a week
Fair Labor Standards Act (FLSA)
Position Overview: The Clerical Library Assistant will be able to perform day to day
library activities and other job functions as listed below. Included with regularly scheduled
hours, the Library Assistant will be responsible for working the circulation desk a minimum
of one night a week and their Saturday in the staffing rotation.
Essential Job Functions:
- Circulation desk duty
- Be knowledgeable on opening and closing procedures
- Be familiar with TLC and be able to help patrons on the OPAC
- Be familiar with the library and where materials are located
- Able to assist patrons with computers and other technology as needed
Non-essential Job Functions:
- Shelf read and reshelf books
- Work one evening on circulation desk and one Saturday in the staff rotation
- Keep good order of adult material
- Help with fundraising opportunities
- Assist in Book Nook Bookstore clerical duties
- Other duties as seemed necessary by the director
- 3 Continuing Education Credits / year
- Criminal Record Check
- Child Abuse Check
- FBI Check
- Work well with others
- Be kind and courteous
- Be organized
- Be reliable
Interested applicants should apply either in-person, or online to Herr Memorial Library, 500
Market St, Mifflinburg, PA, 17844; (507) 966-0831, attention Corrie Post, Director.
NOTE: This job description is not intended to be all-inclusive. Employee may perform other
related duties as negotiated to meet the ongoing needs of the organization.