The Union County Library System is a great place to work, and we occasionally have opportunities for full or part-time employment. Current job openings are listed below by library location when available.
- Please click on the link below to obtain a copy of the Employment Application.
- Please complete this application, print, and sign it. Instructions on where and when to submit the application will be noted in the job description.
Herr Memorial Library
Interested applicants should send their resume to Corrie Post at email@example.com. Applications will be accepted until the position is filled.
Job Title: Digital Literacy Coordinator
Hours: 15 hrs, year round, position grant funded
Fair Labor Standards Act (FLSA)
Position Overview: The Digital Literacy Coordinator is responsible for coordinating the Jane and Annetta Herr Memorial Library digital literacy program. This new initiative will focus attention on increasing digital skills of Union County adults, particularly in the Borough of Mifflinburg and the surrounding communities. The digital literacy coordinator will be responsible for recruiting new students, screening new and existing students for digital literacy skills, providing and/or coordinating instruction, administrating and proctoring assessments, and managing device and broadband Internet support for students on site.
- Schedule, manage, and administer digital literacy assessments on-site.
- Identify the digital literacy needs of all prospective students; create and manage a system to provide the technology and instruction to eliminate barriers and enable students to participate in programs remotely.
- Coordinate technical support as needed.
- Assist in curriculum design to instruct participants in basic computer knowledge, software management and internet navigation.
- Promote the digital literacy program though outreach opportunities.
- Create and build positive and supportive relationships with new and existing students and collaborate with community partners.
- Provide accurate record-keeping and data to other staff members to meet reporting requirements from funders and other stakeholders.
- Communicate effectively with other staff members and participate in staff team meetings.
- Strong digital literacy skills and computer knowledge required.
- Experience working with community-based groups strongly desired.
- The ideal candidate will be friendly, helpful, flexible, and passionate about serving adult learners and improving literacy levels in the community.
- Creativity and innovation in problem-solving skills, with strong attention to detail.
- Strong verbal and interpersonal communication skills.
- The ability to work effectively and patiently with diverse groups of people.
- Be organized and capable of multi-tasking, using time effectively, and working independently.
- Experience in education, training and development, literacy programs, volunteer management, workforce development, and/or community-based nonprofits desired.
- Experience using Microsoft Office suite of products, Zoom, and the ability to work from home via the Internet, as needed.
Hours & Salary:
Hours: 15 hours per week. Year-round.
Compensation: $9 per hour, no benefits. Position grant funded.
The Jane and Annetta Herr Memorial Library strives to be the community’s destination for information, literacy and life-long learning. It is our desire to contribute to the community through excellence & respect, to accomplish life-long learning.