5 Unexpected Perks of Owning a Library Card!
You already know that the library offers more than books! Here are a few of the lesser known benefits of owning a library card.
- Co-working Spaces – Free Wi-Fi, along with quiet spaces, can provide you with a place to do your homework or even work on your business in peace — without the price tag that comes with renting a desk at a shared workspace.
- Test Prep Help – Learning Express is an interactive test preparation site for both academic and career exams that allows users to take practice exams and receive on-line scoring and customized evaluations. Visit the College Prep Center for SAT and ACT test prep. The High School Equivalency Center provides resources for the GED. The Career Center offers career exam prep, while the College Center offers test prep for placement exams. The Adult Learning Center provides resources to improve math, reading and writing skills as well as preparation for the U.S. Citizenship exam.
- Book Club Resources – The library can help you gather multiple books for your book club through interlibrary loans. Also, Hoopla offers quarterly book selections with discussion guides, author Q&As, and further recommended reading.
- Staff Assistance – The many friendly faces at the library can assist you in answering questions and giving recommendations. You can even chat virtually with a librarian 24/7 HERE.
- Support Access to All – By owning a library card, you support free and open access to information for everyone. Libraries use their sign-up stats to prove their value to local policymakers and advocate for much-needed funding.