1. Resolution: Get More Exercise
Workout from home with the library’s free collection of fitness books, exercise DVDs, and streaming videos. Or, stimulate your mind and meet your workout goal by listening to a Playaway. These portable audiobooks are perfect for on-the-go listening at the gym or on your walk.
2. Resolution: Save Money
Whether you’re trying to decrease your spending, living through financial insecurity, are a student, or simply want to explore ways to bolster your savings your local library can help!
- Instead of streaming Netflix or Disney+ borrow current movies and TV series from the library’s DVD and streaming video collections. (Watch this video tutorial to learn how to search our online catalog.)
- Borrow a WiFi hotspot that can connect up to 10 WiFi devices simultaneously and enjoy long-range WiFi, both indoors and out. Devices can be checked out for a week at a time.
- College entrance exam prep courses are expensive! SAT and ACT courses are available through Learning Express.
- Spend less on toys with the library’s Discovery Learning Bags. These educational packs are filled with toys, activities, and books and feature themes like Tea Party, Little Scientist, Music and more!
3. Resolution: Spend Quality Time with Family and Friends
The library’s Game Boxes bring families and friends together, across generations, to connect, compete, and have fun! Need to get out of the house? Take a family adventure to a local museum with any of the library’s 10 Cultural Passes.
For outdoor enthusiasts, pick up fishing poles from the Public Library for Union County or visit the West End Library to check out its Explorer’s Backpack filled with everything you need to hike the local trails.
4. Resolution: Eat Healthier
5. Resolution: Learn Something New
From Yoga Book Club to Beginner Quilting Class the library has a busy calendar of FREE events planned every month. Try metal detecting, modifying Nerf Blasters, or birding with Hoopla’s Hobby Collection (eBooks and streaming videos). Need help signing up for Hoopla? Contact Jeff Seebold our Technology Training Services Coordinator for assistance – email@example.com